Use of Personal Information
Information we collect on buydvds.co.nz may be used in the following ways
– Delivering the merchandise that the visitor purchased online
– Registering the visitor as a member of buydvds.co.nz website
– Billing the visitor’s credit card for his/her purchases
– Confirming the visitor’s shopping orders
– Responding to the visitor’s customer service inquiries or requests
– Customizing the visitor’s shopping experience
– Stocking the products the visitor requested
– Sending the visitor various information like a list of releases, promotions, featured items and bulletins that he/she has chosen to receive.
Protecting Your Information
buydvds.co.nz website are 100% secure; we use an industry-grade 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption protocol. We are also Hacker Safe certified. These are the best online security providers. buydvds.co.nz gives the visitor the option of using a secure transmission method to send us the following types of personal data:
– Primary Personal Data (such as Name and Contact details)
– Identifiers (such as Credit Card details)
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitor’s personal data.
Automatic Collection of Information; Cookies and IP Addresses
buydvds.co.nz uses a feature of the visitor’s web browser called a “cookie” to assign a unique identity to his/her computer. Cookies are files that the web browsers place on computer’s hard drive. Our cookies enable us to provide features such as welcoming the visitor by his name, saving his/her Wish List, storing items in his/her Shopping Cart between visits, and setting up other preferences the visitor establishes during each visit to the website.
Every computer on the Internet is identified by a unique number called an IP address. If the visitor has a static IP address, he/she gets the same number each time she connects to the Internet. If the visitor has a dynamic IP address, a number is assigned from a pool of addresses maintained by his/her ISP (Internet Service Provider) on a first-come basis. buydvds.co.nz only uses the visitor’s IP address to help diagnose problems with its server, to administer its Site, and to gather basic demographic information.